6/5/08

Cameras Ready, Prepare to Flash

This is just going to be a quick post on biking - just want to post some pics I took last Friday at the Grove. As the title hints at, all these were done with a remote flash. It's our new toy this year, Colin got it over Christmas and we've been trying to get the handle on how to use it properly. I think this is the best pics yet with the flash, although we did it a bit differently this time as instead of using a tripod to put the remote flash on, we had someone walk around with the flash - so it was real easy to direct the angle and direction without much hassle! Hope you enjoy....

See the forest gnome - LOL!

Hitting one of the many log rides

This is a pretty kool shot (that's our friend Dave hitting Low Road)

Colin heading up High Street!!

Hitting the roller (gives you a good idea of the size)...

Different angle - great lighting!

Injury update- Fergie is still down, I think he's cleared for light trail rides and that's about it, so he did get a chance to ride the new bike! Speaking of injuries, Colin used up one of his 9 lives the other day on a nasty crash at the Trussler jumps (he was lucky to walk away!) - this is a great reason why you wear full face shield helmets folks... Check out the video (yeah, we got it on video!!):



Colin walked away from this one pretty much unscathed, although he had to retire his helmet due to 2 cracks (better the helmet than his skull). If he wasn't wearing a full face shield, he most certainly would've lost some chick lits (erm, um, I mean teeth)!! That's it for this post....

2 comments:

tanzi said...

Amazing pics, ya freak! Yeah, now you have me a blog stalker. :)

The lighting on those ones of you on the ramp (dunno if my biker terminology is correct there) is amazing!!! Super sharp pics--did you use a super expensive camera?

I'm an now in the process of downloading those tracks so I can hear them. I make you famous in Moscow, my friend. You be rich like Putin.

I'll give ya some feedback (amateur, as I love electronic music but no little about it) soon...

John V. said...

Damn, that is one nasty spill he took. Dude, I have to get out to the grove with you guys one evening.