5/25/08

Broke Back - Injury Update

With that last post, I didn't think I could leave everyone hanging with respect to my man Fergie. Fergie took a nasty bail at the Grove last Monday and is off his steed for a while. He was getting up onto the step-up bridge and when he got up on the platform, his chain skipped and left him with no speed for the step-down. Needless to say he was heading for a meeting with the landing, but he bailed out nicely BUT landed on the edge of a skid (his back took the brunt). He had to go to the hospital with swelling around his spine (Ferg, you need some armor man!!!), but nothing serious. So it was good to see our buddy not too badly hurt. Just to rub some salt into the wound, Fergie picked up his new bike this week as well, so he hasn't been able to ride it yet! He was looking pretty rough on Thursday, but as of Friday was moving a lot better - we're hoping to see him back on the new whip real soon....

Funny thing about this (not really that there is any humor in Fergies injury), but I broke my collar bone in 2 spots last year at the Trussler dirt jumps (yeah, the spot I mention in the below post -that was the last time I was out there!). Right before I broke my collar bone, I had booked a trip to Whistler (mountain bike mecca of the world) AND just ordered a new set of front forks for my new ride at the time. 2 days after I had broken my collar bone, my forks show up - sound familiar! So I had to wait to ride my new forks, and was never able to ride Whistler (can't wait for this years trip) - so therein lies the humor between the 2 incidents....

collar bone snapped in 2 spots, can you see - #@$%$#!

Mount Bromont is coming up soon, that'll make for a good story - LOL! All the best Ferg, we'll see you out again on the trails soon.... I didn't even get to this weeks Blue Mountain trip, I'll talk about that soon (was a FUN trip in terms of shredding some trails!!)...

a section of the new Canada Cup trail @ Mt. Bromont, QC


1 comment:

Gingham Skies said...

There are a lot of scary looking rocks in that last shot.

When are you going to break out the helmet cam?